BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 14, 2011

I'm sorry America

Dear future generations of America,

I am sorry. I am sorry for the music my generation has left you. No one should be exposed to the crap that our generation called pop. I am sorry that classical music now includes the likes of Rebecca Black and Lady GaGa.

I am sorry we took away good television and left you with things like Jersey Shore. We replaced quality programing with people who will act like fools and “fall in love” on national tv for a million dollars. We replaced actors with a script that says “drop people in jungle, for wardrobe, send one intern with safety scissors, watch drama unfold” When we make actual fictional tv shows we don’t come up with original ideas, we just make the same show over and over again and set it in different cities. There was a time when we made the same show in the same city that aired on the same channel with three different titles, just changed the cast a little bit. I am sorry your tv options consist of Jersey Shore reruns, 27 different law and orders, or 6 versions of CSI.

I am sorry for the food we have left you with. Yes our generation actually considered two pieces of fried chicken wrapped around bacon and cheeses a sandwich. I apologize for replacing real sugar with “high fructose corn syrup.” I apologize for products with giant “gluten free” labels slapped on it.

Most of all I am sorry for the politics and the mounting debt that probably has you reading this as you stand in line for your weekly government issue of toilet paper. I am sorry we brought you Barrack Obama who rode into office by taking his campaign speech from a children’s tv show. I am sorry that my generation considered “Can we change it, yes we can!” a campaign platform. I am also sorry we gave you the great decider George Bush. I am not sorry for George because he was an idiot or because he led this nation into war, I am sorry that he was so hated by our youth he made it possible to elect a first term senator from Illinois. I am sorry that by now you probably have to wait six months to see a doctor for a routine procedure, and because practicing medicine is no longer a lucrative career the poor doctor you see is so over worked he doesn’t care.

I am sorry for the America my generation has left yours. Hopefully you can change it, Yes you can!

Sincerely,

An apologetic American

0 comments: